Thursday, August 07, 2008

Getting Ready

I have been really excited to get the boy's baby room put together. So far I have the crib bedding with matching changing pad (Thanks mom a bunch for the gift!) and the dresser (which we painted and put new knobs on), the glider chair, a baby swing, bouncer, and a...
Bassinet! I am really excited about this purchase. I've been searching for one for a while on Craig's list and at garage sales since I didn't want to spend too much on one, but I wanted a nice one that would last longer than just one kid... and I found this antique bassinet. The lady was asking $50 for it, since it's genuinely an antique (trust me, I checked) but I got her down to only $25!!
So, I still need to do some more to the room, since the walls are aboslutely bare. I want to find some picture frames and shelving for the walls. So, you'll see an updated picture of my baby's room when it gets into September I'm sure.

6 comments:

The Cook Book said...

Oh my goodness...so cute!! I love the bedding and the bassinet is very cute. I get a little choked up when I see it because it makes me want to hold little "Cole" right now. The dark wood looks awesome and you finally have room for your rocker to actually rock. You're already further than me because I don't even have our nursery set up. Looks awesome, it's a really big room!! Love you and miss you, give boo boo's kisses for me!!

Stephanie said...

jame that is so cute! good job and way to bargain!haha

Jen said...

I love that bassinet! All of your boys stuff is so cute. You are lucky to have a nursery for him.

Anonymous said...

Jame, it looks beautiful!! What a lucky little man to get to live there!! Good finds! I bet you're so excited!!

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

how cute! I love that bassinet and what a good buy. I need to hit the garage sales more. You really can find some good stuff.

the Sisters said...

Looks adorable so far!! You must be dying to meet your little boy! Do you guys know what you're naming him yet??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...